How’s your resolution going?
If you’re working on making those goals happen but need a little boost, here are a few methods for making those goals – or any goal – happen.
- Look back at your goals and accomplishments of the previous year. What worked and what didn’t? Recap it and identify any patterns. How you can improve?
- Make a list of the major goals you accomplished over the past year. Hang it up and frame it. It’ll serve as a constant reminder of what you CAN do and inspire you to do more.
- Set your intention for the new year. Pick one word to represent that intention.
- Make a vision board. Keep it in a place you can see daily.
- Define your goals. Be as specific as possible. Don’t just say “I want to read more.” Say “I want to read two books each month – one fiction and one non-fiction.”
- Divide goals into different categories:
- Categorize your goals as either long-term or short-term.
- Write a list of long-term goals and then break them down into actionable items
- Use an email calendar to set reminders, memos, and deadlines (I love Google!)
- Create short-term goals. Break these into weekly and monthly tasks.
- Plan your week around these four questions:
- “What do I want to achieve this week?”
- “What do I need to do this week?”
- “What’s the most important thing I can do today?”
- “What’s the most important thing I can do this week?”
- Be mindful of what you have!
- Be flexible. Hold yourself accountable, but when things don’t go as planned, be willing to reasses. You can always try again when the time is right.
- Plan for FUN! Are you a music junkie? (Hey, that makes two of us!) Find the concerts you want to go to and put them on your calendar. Even if you don’t attend them, at least they’ll be on your radar. Been dying to go on a big trip but don’t actually think it’s going to happen this year? Why not? Identify what’s stopping you and plan around it.
- Team up with a friend and keep each other accountable.
- And remember you do have time, you just have to prioritize it. One of my favorite sayings is:
RECEIVE EXCLUSIVE CONTENT+ STAY CONNECTED
Subscribe to get our latest updates by email + exclusive content + free blogging resources.